The Power of Choice: DRUGS & ALCOHOL – Part 2
From: THE POWER OF CHOICE – Video Series
-For grades 9-12
-Featuring Michael Pritchard
-Video with Printable Teacher’s Guide
-Free online video streaming included!
Comedian/youth counselor Michael Pritchard and high school students around the country examine how chemical abuse damages relationships, what you can and cannot do about it, and how to respond when a chemically dependent person asks you for help.
- To show how drug and alcohol abuse affects friends and family members of the user.
- To point out ways that friends and family members sometimes respond which are either ineffective or which contribute to the problem.
- To reveal some ways of responding or intervening that often do work.
- To clarify what power friends and family members do and do not have in the situation.
- To show them they can make a difference and inform them about where they can go for help.
In this program, comedian/youth counselor Michael Pritchard and high school students in Albuquerque; Atlanta; Cleveland; Madison; and Fremont, California, examine how chemical abuse damages relationships, what you can and cannot do about it, and how to respond when a chemically dependent person asks you for help. It is a useful and enlightening look at what to do when someone you care about is hooked.
Approximate runtime: 28 min.
ABOUT THE VIDEO SERIES:
Used as a springboard for group discussion, The Power of Choice series is highly effective at triggering teenagers to talk openly about their personal thoughts, feelings, and experiences, and to look critically at how they make choices. Each program comes with a printable teaching guide filled with discussion questions, group activities, and writing assignments.
Sample Video Clip from The Power of Choice series:
Purchase the complete series and SAVE or mix and match:
Includes Online Video Streaming at no extra cost. Click here for details.
Alternatively, you can purchase this series as an online streaming-only option (no physical DVDs will be sent to you):