LET’S TALK ABOUT: TOBACCO
-For Grades 3-5
-Video with Printable Teacher’s Guide
-Free online video streaming included!
-Released in 2016
The video program is designed to present the serious, harmful effects of smoking and nicotine to elementary-aged children. The program provides students with a realistic picture of how cigarettes and the harmful substances . . .
After viewing this program, students will:
- Understand that tobacco is a plant that contains many harmful substances including nicotine.
- Learn that nicotine is an addictive substance.
- Realize that smoking tobacco, or the use of smokeless tobacco can cause damage to different parts of your body.
- Understand the reasons why kids begin smoking.
- Learn the immediate effects of smoking include bad breath, yellow teeth, smelly clothes, and more colds and coughs.
- Understand that there are many substances in tobacco that can cause cancer and other diseases.
The video program is designed to present the serious, harmful effects of smoking and nicotine to elementary-aged children. The program provides students with a realistic picture of how cigarettes and the harmful substances found in tobacco can damage their bodies. After viewing this program, children will come to understand that nicotine is an addictive drug and recognize the many ways in which smoking damages different organs and leads to life-threatening illnesses.
Sample Video Clip from the Let’s Talk About Series:
Purchase the complete series and SAVE or mix and match:
Includes Online Video Streaming at no extra cost. Click here for details.
Alternatively, you can purchase this series as an online streaming-only option (no physical DVDs will be sent to you):