TALK IT OUT: TOBACCO, VAPING AND NICOTINE
-For Grades 7-12
-Video with Printable Teacher’s Guide
-Released in 2016
-Free online video streaming included!
This program shows viewers how the social attitudes about smoking have changed dramatically over the past several decades. The program then focuses on the short term and long-term, negative effects of smoking tobacco and vaping. . .
After viewing this program, students will:
- Understand that smoking tobacco has short and long term negative effects on the body.
- Learn that nicotine is an addictive substance found in tobacco.
- Understand that vaping is not a safe alternative to smoking.
- Recognize the harmful health and financial costs to individuals and society.
- Learn that smoking tobacco and the use of smokeless tobacco can lead to diseases including lung problems, heart disease, and many kinds of cancer.
Using vintage footage, this program shows viewers how the social attitudes about smoking have changed dramatically over the past several decades. The program then focuses on the short term and long-term, negative effects of smoking tobacco and vaping. It explains the addictive power of nicotine, a substance found in tobacco.
Students will see real, vivid scientific demonstrations of the damaging effect of smoking on the respiratory system and circulatory system. Animation and graphics help to present how smoking negatively affects every part of the human body and discusses the health and financial costs to individuals and the society.
Sample Video Clip from the Talk It Out Series:
Purchase the complete series and SAVE or mix and match:
Includes Online Video Streaming at no extra cost. Click here for details.
Alternatively, you can purchase this series as an online streaming-only option (no physical DVDs will be sent to you):