Rumors, Gossip, and Teasing: It Hurts
-For Grades 3-6
-DVD + Printable Teaching Guide
Rumors, Gossip, Taunting, Teasing, and Bullying are all forms of harassment. They are all intended to make someone feel bad. This video DVD presents some healthy ways of dealing with these things.
Rumors, Gossip, Taunting, Teasing, and Bullying are all forms of harassment. They are all intended to make someone feel bad. But there are healthy ways to deal with these things. Sometimes the best thing to do is just ignore it. You can avoid people who say mean things. If you see others being bullied and picked on, you should say something to stop it. Helping the person being picked on will help you feel good about yourself, too.
At the end of this program students will learn:
- Rumors, gossip, teasing, and taunting are all forms of harassment.
- Rumors and gossip don’t just hurt the person talked about but also hurt those who do the talking.
- Try to steer clear of people who spread rumors and gossip.
- One of the best ways to deal with teasing and taunting is to ignore it.
- Speak up. Don’t stand by when you see bullying happen.
Run time: 15 minutes
Includes a DVD with Teaching Guide on CD