ON YOUR OWN COAST-TO-COAST – Financial Literacy Software (BUILDING LICENSE)
-For Grades 9 & Up
-Software with Printable Teacher’s Guide
-A Personal Finance Adventure!
-Released in 2018
Your students will have a “real” opportunity to live on their own in any of twelve communities from coast-to-coast. They’ll learn what it’s like to live on a budget and practice the financial skills needed to be independent and make real-life decisions.
Help prepare your students for the day-to-day, real-life challenges of living on their own!
Choose an Income! Choose a Community!
Ready or not — Life Happens!
In this comprehensive simulation, students try to make it on their own for a full year in any of 12 American communities from coast to coast. They’ll learn what it’s like to live on a budget and practice the financial skills needed to be independent and make real-life decisions about things such as:
- Finding a job
- Buying a car
- Opening bank accounts
- Renting an apartment
- Establishing utilities
- Buying insurance coverage
- Creating a budget
- Paying bills
- Making spending decisions
- Saving and investing
Features for 2018 Edition include:
- A Consumer Math Challenge with three levels of difficulty and problems that are unique to each student’s decisions. (Can be turned on or off.)
- A Consumer Vocabulary Challenge that tests your students’ understanding of personal finance terminology.
- Up-to-date prices, rents, and utility options
Includes: CD-Based Software + Teacher’s Guide + Building License (1 CD) Unlimited use in one building.
Aligns with CCSS.
NOTE: Also available as a Single License (1 CD) Use on 1 computer.