Big Changes Big Choices:
RESPECTING OTHERS (dvd)
From the 12 volume DVD series, BIG CHANGES, BIG CHOICES
EDUCATIONAL GOALS -
YOUNG ADOLESCENTS SHOULD:
• Develop an understanding of the importance of respectful behavior.
• Become aware of the many ways in which they show both respect and disrespect toward each other.
• Adopt a value for treating people respectfully.
• Learn to appreciate people's differences rather than fear them.
• Become interested in learning more about their own roots and those of their schoolmates.
This program emphasizes that everyone is entitled to respect regardless of appearance, race, national origin, disability, social status, etc. It attempts to sensitize kids to the feelings of others, and develop in them a value for treating people respectfully. Also, since conformity is such a powerful force in early adolescence, this show encourages kids not to reject people who are different from them, but to appreciate and embrace diversity and multiculturalism.
For a description of the format of this and the other programs in this series, please click the big orange button, below, and see the series description.