Big Changes, Big Choices:
SAYING NO TO ALCOHOL & OTHER DRUGS (dvd)
From the 12 volume DVD series, BIG CHANGES, BIG CHOICES
EDUCATIONAL GOALS -
YOUNG ADOLESCENTS WILL:
• Look critically at the kinds of negative peer pressures they are under at this age.
• Recognize some of the ways in which they internalize peer pressure.
• Learn about the harmful consequences of alcohol and other drug use.
• See how innocent actions can often lead to serious consequences.
• Learn some ways to resist negative peer pressure.
This program presents and reinforces anti-drug attitudes and teaches practical techniques for saying "no" to our friends without appearing to be uncool. In addition to the specific matter of drug use, we examine the issue of peer pressure - both positive and negative - and figure out how to tell the difference. We consider why it's important to resist negative peer pressure, and what that has to do with taking charge of our lives.
For a description of the format of this and the other programs in this series, please click the big orange button, below, and see the series description.