On Your Own Coast-to-Coast Software
Help prepare your students for the day-to-day, real-life challenges of living on their own!
In this comprehensive simulation, students try to make it on their own for a full year in any of 12 American communities from coast to coast. They'll learn what it's like to live on a budget and practice the financial skills needed to be independent and make real-life decisions about things such as:
- Finding a job
- Buying a car
- Opening bank accounts
- Renting an apartment
- Establishing utilities
- Buying insurance coverage
- Creating a budget
- Paying bills
- Making spending decisions
- Saving and investing
New features for 2015 include:
- A Consumer Math Challenge with three levels of difficulty and problems that are unique to each student's decisions. (Can be turned on or off.)
- A Consumer Vocabulary Challenge that tests your students' understanding of personal finance terminology.
- Up-to-date prices, rents, and utility options
Minimum System Requirements
Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
Monitor: A Color Monitor with minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 is required.
Sound Capability: The sound is optional and may be turned off by clicking on the Audio Icon located in Program Utilities.