Big Changes, Big Choices:
PREVENTING CONFLICTS & VIOLENCE (dvd)
From the 12 volume DVD series, BIG CHANGES, BIG CHOICES
EDUCATIONAL GOALS -
YOUNG ADOLESCENTS LEARN:
• How conflicts escalate, and what they can do to prevent that from happening.
• How their attitudes and behaviors can exacerbate the problem.
• Not to tolerate violence.
• That violence is a choice, not an inevitability, and that they have the power to avoid it in most cases.
• Ways of dealing with anger.
With the persistent climate of conflict and violence in our schools and communities, this program challenges the underlying attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors that cause most of the trouble. We look at how conflicts typically develop and how fights can be avoided. Insults and other disrespectful behaviors are discouraged. Kids are urged to find ways of controlling their anger, and to realize that violence is always a choice, a very bad choice.
For a description of the format of this and the other programs in this series, please click the big orange button, below, and see the series description.