The Power of Choice: DRUGS & ALCOHOL - Part 2 (dvd)
From the 12 volume DVD series THE POWER OF CHOICE
- To show how drug and alcohol abuse affects friends and family members of the user.
- To point out ways that friends and family members sometimes respond which are either ineffective or which contribute to the problem.
- To reveal some ways of responding or intervening that often do work.
- To clarify what power friends and family members do and do not have in the situation.
- To show them they can make a difference and inform them about where they can go for help.
In this program, comedian/youth counselor Michael Pritchard and high school students in Albuquerque; Atlanta; Cleveland; Madison; and Fremont, California, examine how chemical abuse damages relationships, what you can and cannot do about it, and how to respond when a chemically dependent person asks you for help. It is a useful and enlightening look at what to do when someone you care about is hooked.
For a description of the format of this and the other programs in this series, please click the big orange button, below, and see the series description.